SOLVED

Re: How to report on marketo form fills or assets that are on non-marketo LP's?

Go to solution
Bryant_Chang
Level 3

How to report on marketo form fills or assets that are on non-marketo LP's?

We have multiple marketo forms embedded in non-marketo landing pages that direct to marketo hosted assets once they fill out the form.

What is the best way to report how well each asset does?

There is no high level form fill report (must use smart list for each form, we have lots),
and no report for design studio assets.

one idea was to create success landing pages for each piece, and to track page views or link clicks. But that would require creation of LP's for each in addition to the forms. (could be done, but lots of manual work and not scalable) 

any thoughts on how we can get a high level report on how each asset does?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Forms 2.0 onSuccess documentation is here and you'd combine it with the Munchkin API from here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you set a Program for each asset? That would be the best way. I assume by "how well" you meant # of form fills. You will absolutely need Programs if you want to compare revenue or opps infl by each asset.

An alternative is to setup Google Analytics to watch these and that'll do well too.
SanfordWhiteman

@Bryant C Instead of blindly redirecting them to the asset, simply log a Clicked Link event using the Munchkin API, then redirect them. You don't need any additional LPs or forms.

Then all those downloads (well, the attempt to download -- I always give the caveat that starting a download doesn't mean you finished it!) will be available in a Web Page Activity report. 
Bryant_Chang
Level 3

@Sanford W, Doesnt the API call need to be tied to a specific link/action?
The link that I am trying to track is the embedded Marketo form submit, which is not part of the webpage. Is it possible to log a Clicked Link event off the form submit?

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, you can easily call a Munchkin event in the form's onSuccess handler.
Bryant_Chang
Level 3

Great! do you know where i can find documentation on adding the code to the onSuccess handler?
SanfordWhiteman

The Forms 2.0 onSuccess documentation is here and you'd combine it with the Munchkin API from here.