SOLVED

Re: How to remove tracking from landing pages

Go to solution
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Yes, Marketo support shared that new feature with me. 

Dan - You have to make the LP mobile compatible first. On the top, right hand corner of the LP you should see a button for "Make Mobile Compatible." After that's completed a drop down appears on the top left that says "Template Actions" where you can select to disable munchkin tracking. 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Megan R are you still experiencing the earlier behavior, even with the cookie being overridden with that script snippet and the Munchkin tracking code not loading?
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

@Sanford Yes, I believe Marketo support gave a valid reason for what I was seeing though:

Removing munchkin from the form page will cause only that page to not track leads. If the lead goes anywhere else it will set a cookie if the page contains munchkin. It will be anonymous until the lead identifies. In this case, the lead was already cookied, so the anonymous lead with page visits was merged with lead form fill activity when the lead became known. 
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, that is all in line with what we've been saying. But if you have the cookie-clearing line in there this cannot happen, because there is nothing to associate with at the time the form is processed. I'll take a look at your page later to see if the code is in the right place and is firing.
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

@Sanford that would be wonderful. Thank you for your help!
SanfordWhiteman

@Megan R Your phone calls page (if it's still http://offers.netgainit.com/phonecalls.html) does not have the cookie-clearing code that I recommended.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Dan

When you edit the LP template

Template Actions Menu > Enable /Disable Munchin Tracking

0EM50000000TBPV.jpg

I can tell you though this didn't entirely work.  Each form also adds munchkin tracking lines also so it may be both the cooking clearing line + this.. still trying to work it out ourselves..
Tim_Madel1
Level 4

Seems as though that option no longer exists?  I do not have the option to Enable/Disable Munchkin Tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a follow up note, we added the empty cookie script to the LP along side of turning off the tracking in the menu and that seems to prevent the tracking.
SanfordWhiteman

@Bryan that's good to hear -- if you can confirm again this is working then I can officially put my script together into a "HOWTO".