Re: How to redirect to a Landing page ?

Ignace_Kervyn_d
Level 3

How to redirect to a Landing page ?

Hy every body, 

I was optimist but I have a big issue for myself  

I've done a mini draw to explain my text. 

Here is my following thinking 

Does the email encoded in the form already exist in the static list?
If yes, send user to a Landing page and send an sales alert
If not, process already in place

The process for my smart campaign:  
Smart List :
Fills Out Form: "xyz"
Email present in static list
Flow :
If yes redirected to landing page and send sales alert
If no, process already in place
Schedule: every time

Does someone can help me ? 

thank you

Ignace

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

First, please remove the attachment and just paste the image inline (in the editor). Not all Community users can see attachments, which makes them very confusing.

Your  concept here can't be implemented with a Smart Campaign. SCs see the data well after the form has been submitted; they have no interaction with the web page and can't control redirects.

The only way to do what you've described is with custom JS. For example, we have a form that, upon submission, looks up whether email address is in a preexisting VIP list (denoted by a Boolean field) and then redirects them accordingly. (Note this is not Pre-Fill, it cannot be because the session may be completely anonymous to start with.)

You could verify static List membership using an extension of this method (or switch to a Boolean field yourself, it's easier). You'll need a Marketo-fluent developer.

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Interesting, I believe you have created a middleware for the lookup using REST API, right? Or is there any way to directly lookup the data using JS (munchkin API or form 2.0)?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No API use at all, I would never do that (DoS vulnerability).

It polls a Marketo LP that's used as an XML-based lookup service. Will blog about it sometime, after everything else.