SOLVED

How to only show opt-in field to those who haven't opted in yet?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to only show opt-in field to those who haven't opted in yet?

We use a lot of forms for things like contests and event registrations, and recently started tracking exactly where leads have opted-in from. I've added a sign up field to all of our forms so we have a record of express opt-in. It's a required field that forces the user to either opt in or out. But we don't want this to show up everytime for people who have already opted in. I've created a new hidden field called 'Opt In Source' that will record exactly which form the lead used to opt-in for the first time. As a bit of background we have a legacy list of opt-ins from a previous system that we have confirmed opt-in records for, but may not have associated IP Addresses in Marketo yet. 

Is there a way to only show the opt-in field to people who haven't opted in yet? 

I've tried:
  • Progressive profiling, but it only shows on the first visit. So if a lead visited the page, and DIDN'T fill out the form, if they come back a second time the opt-in field is gone and their information hasn't been recorded. 
  • I don't want the opt-in field to show for anyone who is already opt-ed in on a previous form.

I'm looking for suggestions on how others have implemented this. There must be an easy way that I'm just not seeing. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: How to only show opt-in field to those who haven't opted in yet?

We use JQuery in the past to do Explicit opt in.

With new Forms 2.0, you can add visibilty rules to a field if another field on the form is not empty etc.
0EM50000000RRdq.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Masson
Level 10

We use JQuery in the past to do Explicit opt in.

With new Forms 2.0, you can add visibilty rules to a field if another field on the form is not empty etc.
0EM50000000RRdq.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Edward. 

To confirm what you're saying, I need to set it up like this:
  • Have 'Unsubscribed Reason' earlier on in the form, set to hidden and to auto populate. 
  • Set up the 'Unsubscribed' field to only show if the 'Unsubscribed Reason' field is empty. When this is visible it will give the user an option to either opt in or out. 
As a background step, I need to make sure I have a smart campaign set up so that every person who unsubscribes gets a value added to the 'Unsubscribed Reason' field.

This sounds like a great solution. Thanks for sharing how you've set it up.