How to move people into a nested engagement program?

Fiona_Evans
Level 2

How to move people into a nested engagement program?

I have tried to work my way through Marketo docs and other people's similar questions but haven't got anywhere and suspect this is quite an easy problem I'm trying to solve! 

We have 4 different engagement programs for our four sectors, each with 5 different streams in them depending on where the customer is in their journey. After each stream's second email (different for each) we want to send them into an engagement program to invite them to an Everwebinar in which they will go through invited, registered, and attended streams over the course of the week in the run up to and after the scheduled webinar. 

The issue I am having is how do I have a smart campaign to move them into the webinar engagement program as part of the stream?

I have a program, and a smart campaign with the relevant filters and flow, in the stream. But nothing seems to be happening. I am not sure how you are meant to schedule the smart campaign if it doesn't have triggers? 

Essentially I think what I'm looking for is a guide of how to have smart campaigns in a stream to move people into another engagement program, and I haven't found the marketo documentation that easy to follow as to how to do it. 

Your help will be much appreciated. I am conscious that I can do a workaround (was sent email 2, add to new engagement program) but I'd rather that it within the streams so that if we amend the email 2 across the 20 different streams we don't need to remember to go in and update that smart campaign. 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Re: How to move people into a nested engagement program?

Do the content for the Everwebinar invite, registration and attended emails/streams remain the same across all four sectors? If so, you could probably just accomplish this by using one Event Program for your webinar and requesting the campaign. The reason being is that the emails for the webinar are not of a set cadence like you have in an Engagement Program stream.

To do this, you would first add a Campaign is Triggered (Source --> Marketo Flow Action) as a trigger for the Smart Campaign in which you are sending the invitations. This would be in the Event Program.

Once you activate the Trigger Campaign, you would go back into whatever Nested Default program you'd want to request this campaign. Since you want to do this based off of a specific activity taken, you can create a Nested Default Program within the Engagement stream that utilize the Flow Action of Campaign is Requested. This way, you can utilize that one Default Program across all four sectors.

If you haven't already, you should import the Marketo BP Event Program Template for webinars, which will get you a good start on the campaign flow. Based on what you are describing, you'll need some modifications, but I think this could be a suitable solution for you.

Fiona_Evans
Level 2

Re: How to move people into a nested engagement program?

Thanks Brian. All the four programs and streams are invited to the same webinar yes so they can go through the same event program. 

I am still not really sure how I am meant to drop this into the initial stream though. I can't seem to find a 'campaign is triggered' trigger, and there is no other trigger apart from it happens at that particular stage of the stream. So I'm still not really sure what step one is? Help appreciated!