How to map incomplete list data against Marketo Database

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to map incomplete list data against Marketo Database

Hi all!

Hope you are all doing great.

I have a question regarding incomplete list data. Lets say I received a list of containing Job Titles and Company Names. I want to map this data against our Marketo Database to see if we have more information than just those 2 fields.

I have an Excel file with over 2000 rows of incomplete data. As an example:

Job Title = Marketing Expert

Company name = Marketo

Now I want to see in our database if we have a record of someone matching this information. What would be the best way to do this?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Ricky

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to map incomplete list data against Marketo Database

If your sheet has Email Address, just upload the list with Email Address to see who matched.

If your sheet only has Job Title and Company Name, you can run a smart list with those filters using CONTAINS to see who matches. This would work too if you had First Name/Last Name.

Then you could extract those columns from Marketo and run some analysis in Excel to fill in gaps...which is what seems to be your goal.

But no, do not upload just Title and Company Name. You will end up with 2000 useless records.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply and input. The thing is, if I run a smart list with 2000 job titles and 2000 company names and set it on contain, then it wont be specific.

E.g. 2 rows:

Job title = marketing, Company name= Marketo

Job title = sales, Company name= XYZ

Then it could be matched like this: Job Title= Sales and Company is Marketo. This is not what I want. I want an exact match. Does that make sense?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you explain your end goal here? What would you do if you successfully ran the smart list based on the Titles list? What's your next step?

Sorry, not really understanding what you want.