How to Make Use of Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

How to Make Use of Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails

Can anyone point me to an article about how best to make use of the "Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails" described here?

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/maintaining-a-directory-of-leads-bouncing-emails/ta-p/30...

When I was working for another company a few years ago we got some useful advice from a deliverability consultant about this but did I remember or capture relevant screenshot? Doh! So have this handy directory now (again) but I'm not entirely sure how best to make use of it, which boils down to under what circumstances should we marketing suspend or block list which bouncing emails. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thx!

4 REPLIES 4
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: How to Make Use of Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails

I actually use it both for creating insights (you can see the details of the bounce profile for every person, so you can drill down much easier on what the most common problems are) and to manage the Marketing Suspended flag. Any person bouncing too many times gets set to Marketing Suspended and a reason is stamped. If a successful delvery is detected the suspension is lifted.

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Hi @Katja_Keesom - That's the kind of use I had in mind. But how to you calculate how many times is too many? Also - do you only Marketing Suspend only certain categories of bounce?

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

That is something you have to figure out with your data. I would suggest to let the directory run for a while and analyze the data before making those decisions. I tend to suspend all categories, but lift the cat3 soft bounces after a while for a second chance. If it then bounces again straight away it stays suspended.

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Thank you.