SOLVED

How to Identify a Target Company

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Identify a Target Company

I uploaded a list of target companies.  For every lead that comes in, I want to check to see if their company name or domain name matches the name in the list.  Then I simply want to change a data value on the lead to target=true.

My main problem is that while smart lists allow you to check whether a lead is a member of a list, it doesn't let me check to see whether one value appears in that list.

My next question would be around standardizing on company names (eg: HP vs Hewlett Packard), however at this point, standardizing names is only a secondary concern.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Identify a Target Company

Thanks. I've figured it out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Not sure I understand what the issue is here

In your Smart List you should have

Company Name IS "XYZ..." up to 2499 names per filter
Company Name STARTS WITH...
Company Name CONTAINS

Email Address CONTAINS "...."

using the ANY criteria

then as leads come in, they become a member of this list, and you change your value to TRUE.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I've figured it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,
We're doing something similar to what you described for this very reason. Quick question - we have more than 2499 domains in our list. It seems to be working ok and I can't find any documentation that says that's a limit. Where did that number come from? Just don't want to be surprised later to find out it's not working properly for any domains after the first 2499. 
Thanks,

Tracie