How to get marketo activity via middleware?

Chandan7
Level 1

How to get marketo activity via middleware?

Hi,

How to push Marketo activities to middleware any time a new activity is added to a person record.

Please advise us, and if you have documentation, please share it with us.

Thanks,

Chandan

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to get marketo activity via middleware?

That’s a very broad question and without specific and detailed business requirements, impossible to answer in full.

I can say for now that you cannot push lines from the Marketo Activity Log, with all their details, to an external service as soon as they are added to the Marketo database. Via a webhook, you can push some details for some activities for which there are {{trigger.tokens}}, and you’ll need a separate trigger for each type of activity. But this approach will not scale beyond, to be conservative, 50K activities per day. Of course the real limit depends on the daily volume, and distribution over the day, of the activities you select.

Far more promisingly, you can pull log lines, on a schedule, from the Activity Log using the Paginated Activities or Bulk Export Activities API endpoints. Usually (though not always) Bulk is a better choice than Paginated. Again it depends on your detailed business requirements + real-life use.

Chandan7
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for the update.

Can we query the list of activity types based on person email id & date range (specific to 30 days range)?

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I would recommend clicking through to the links Sanford provided in his post. There is very detailed information there about what is and is not possible, your developers should be able to work off that easily. In addition, I find this section of the developer documentation also useful: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/activities/