SOLVED

Re: How to get default value of a form field through the REST API

Go to solution
Dennis_Keefer
Level 2

How to get default value of a form field through the REST API

Hello!

I'm using the Marketo Rest API to get individual fields for each form for an application I'm working on.  I'm able to get the metadata for each field by form ID but the results don't include default values.  Any idea how to get this information through the API?

Right now I'm querying the form using "/rest/asset/v1/form/{formId}.json" and querying the fields using "/rest/asset/v1/form/{formId}/fields.json".

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I agree with you, Dennis. This is a bug of omission and I can't find query/cookie source metadata, either.  I opened an Idea for it.

In the meantime you might want to try using the Forms API /getForm endpoint instead, which (by necessity) has everything:

https://:MarketoPodHostname.marketo.com/index.php/form/getForm?munchkinId=:MarketoMunchkinID&form=:F...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

...but the results don't include default values.

Sure they do.

The defaultValue property of each field object.

Dennis_Keefer
Level 2

defaultValue property shows on selects but not hidden elements.  Is this a bug in the Marketo Rest API?

Dennis_Keefer
Level 2

marketo.jpg

SanfordWhiteman

I agree with you, Dennis. This is a bug of omission and I can't find query/cookie source metadata, either.  I opened an Idea for it.

In the meantime you might want to try using the Forms API /getForm endpoint instead, which (by necessity) has everything:

https://:MarketoPodHostname.marketo.com/index.php/form/getForm?munchkinId=:MarketoMunchkinID&form=:F...

Dennis_Keefer
Level 2

Thanks Sanford! I'll give your suggestion a try in the meantime.