Re: How to get Azure Logic Apps Connector to connect

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

How to get Azure Logic Apps Connector to connect

Good morning all.

We are trying to use Azure logic app connectors to attach to the Marketo REST API.

Azure Logic App connectors wants the following details

• Authorization Url: The API authorization endpoint to authenticate with the service.

• Token Url: The API endpoint to get the access token after the authorization has been done.

• Refresh Url: The API endpoint to refresh the access token once it has expired.

I've looked through the Marketo documentation.  

As best I can tell, Refresh isn't available, but that's OK.  We can just call the Token URL again.

However, it seems like Marketo doesn't use the Authorization URL, just the Token URL.  i.e. https://[My Instance Here].mktorest.com/identity/oauth/token, with client ID and client Secret.

I'm sure I'm missing something blindingly obvious.

Help....

Cheers

Jo

3 REPLIES 3
Jo_Pitts1

Sanford Whiteman‌, any thoughts on this.  What am I missing???????

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

From what you're describing (I haven't looked at the UI directly myself) the config is expecting to use a redirect-based Auth Code OAuth flow. Marketo uses a simpler Client Credentials flow.

But I honestly wouldn't use any integration that doesn't understand the Marketo API's specific quirks (token expiration, pagination logic, and naturally, response JSON schemas). Connecting to an endpoint once and generating some kind of response is the easy part.

Jo_Pitts1

Thanks Mate.  That was very helpful, and has pointed us in the right direction.