SOLVED

Re: How to force the sync of all account (company) data from MSD

Go to solution
Francis_Vanderb
Level 2

How to force the sync of all account (company) data from MSD

Hi, I could need some help with the following.

Our Marketo instance is linked to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. 

Now we have more than 18000 contacts coming from CRM, but without the company (account) data. The company details page is empty. However in CRM the contact is linked correctly to the account (company).

Before, most of these CRM accounts had the SyncToMkto set to FALSE. This has been updated for all to TRUE. Yet this change did not trigger the sync of the company data to Marketo again.

Is there a way that I force the account data to sync again? With that I mean automatically for all 18000 contacts that are missing the company data.

A manual change of the linked account on the contact level in MSD triggers the sync back to Marketo, but seen the big number of contacts, this needs to be in bulk.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Is "SyncToMkto" a custom sync field on the Account object? Usually, we add a custom sync field on the Lead and Contact object and use it to sync the contact/lead records b/w platforms selectively.

Updating the custom sync field from the CRM should technically enable the sync, whereas, updating it from Marketo won't enable the sync. Could you confirm whether you updated the "SyncToMkto" to True from CRM and not Marketo?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Is "SyncToMkto" a custom sync field on the Account object? Usually, we add a custom sync field on the Lead and Contact object and use it to sync the contact/lead records b/w platforms selectively.

Updating the custom sync field from the CRM should technically enable the sync, whereas, updating it from Marketo won't enable the sync. Could you confirm whether you updated the "SyncToMkto" to True from CRM and not Marketo?

Francis_Vanderb
Level 2

Hi Darshil Shah1,

Correct, in MSD CRM I noticed that we have SynctoMkto (new_synctomkto) setup as a custom field for the accounts. We have that same new_synctomkto field on the level of the account, contact and lead types.

We had thousands of contacts in CRM that had the SynctoMkto set on 'FALSE'. For those we made sure that the SynctoMkto for the account and the contact were changed to 'TRUE' with a bulk edit in CRM directly. This did not trigger to sync of the account data for that each contact. The only thing synced was the TRUE value of the SyncToMkto field itself.

I also tried manually changing the true SynctoMkto from true to false, wait for the sync, and after that back to true. This works and syncs the value of SynctoMkto but also the account data. 🙂 

So now I need to find a way to change them in bulk to false and back to true again.

Thanks,

Francis

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

I just dealt with this same EXACT issue and in the same time frame as you. We only just figured out the solution that you found. That the contact record itself has to be re-synced. Were you able to figure out the cause of this sync outage? Because it seems the syncing of the accounts on new records are working as expected now. Very odd that we had just under 18,000 records (similar to you) with this same exact issue.