SOLVED

How to flush lead data at each form submission ?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to flush lead data at each form submission ?

Hi,

Sanford Whiteman

I have a form which is filled out by the same sales guy many times per day.

But Marketo is updating the existing data from the previous form submission or detects it is the same sales guys who is filling out the form

and the sync in SFDC is filled with wrong data.

How can I flush data each time the form the filled out ? as if the form was filled out in incognito mode browser

I want each form submission to be unique and use the right data.

thanks for help

benoit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to flush lead data at each form submission ?

Bonjour Benoît,

You do not need to flush the data, what you need is an untracked and cookie free Landing page so that the LP is not attached to a specific cookie. The Marketo will not attach the info to an existing lead, it will create a new one, even if you do not capture email address. See this thread : Re: Non-trackable landing page is still identifying me

-Grégoire

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Benoît,

You do not need to flush the data, what you need is an untracked and cookie free Landing page so that the LP is not attached to a specific cookie. The Marketo will not attach the info to an existing lead, it will create a new one, even if you do not capture email address. See this thread : Re: Non-trackable landing page is still identifying me

-Grégoire

Anonymous
Not applicable

bonjour Grégoire,

I added the code on this LP  : http://pages.videojet.com/Service-Campaigns-FR_LandingPage.html

<!-- CREATE EMPTY MUNCHKIN COOKIE - TO ESENTIALLY MAKE THE PAGE UNTRACKABLE -->

<script>document.cookie = "_mkto_trk=;path=/;domain="+".videojet.com"+";expires=0"</script>

<!-- END -->

<!-- Clear the Marketo tracking cookie value on submission of the form, without having to delete the cookie itself from the user’s browser. -->

<script>

//add a callback to the first ready form on the page

$(function() {

MktoForms2.whenReady( function(form){

//add the tracking field to be submitted

form.addHiddenFields({"_mkt_trk":""});

//clear the value during the onSubmit event to prevent tracking association

form.onSubmit( function(form){

form.vals({"_mkt_trk":""});

})

})

})

</script>

is that all I need to do ? Can you confirm that ?

merci

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Benoît,

yes this should work. The 2 scripts should be at different places of the template, as explained in the thread I referenced earlier.

-Gregoire