Re: How to extract Marketo Leads into my SQL Server using SSIS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to extract Marketo Leads into my SQL Server using SSIS?

Hi,

Please help me how can I extract my marketo leads data into sql server?

I am trying to extract the Leads data from Marketo using SSIS connector into my MS-SQL Database, We have 1.49 million records in Marketo database after 1.05 Million records the job was cancelling and I am getting  error. so anybody can help me on this why I am unable to get the remaining data, and also let me know is there any restrictions.

I am getting the below error please take a look into that.

[ODBC Source [2]] Error: Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) error occurred. state: 'HY000'. Native Error Code: -1. Marketo Request Failed - 601: Access token invalid

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on ODBC Source returned error code 0x80004005.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

pastedImage_0.png

Message was edited by: Prashant Raparla

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to extract Marketo Leads into my SQL Server?

You can look at the Bulk Extract API endpoint (http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-extract/). For periodic bulk retrieval of the entire lead database this'll do fine (followed by a SQL Bulk Insert of course!).

SanfordWhiteman

Re: How to extract Marketo Leads into my SQL Server?

Why did you mark your question as the Correct answer?

Luis_Paez3
Level 3

You could also try to break apart your database into smaller chunks if it's taking a long time to grab all the leads. Best way is to create static lists in Marketo with smaller segments of the larger dataset. Then have your code download each "list".  Also, check out CDATA's marketo sql driver - I've never used them but it'd be one thing I'd look at if you're using all Microsoft products.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Luis,

Thanks for responding. Also can you share some documentation about how can I automate my marketo data to sql server using SSIS.

SanfordWhiteman

What SSIS connector?  CData's connector?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I  am using CData and Kingsway Soft both but I fail to get the result. I spent 3 weeks for this please guide me.

Appreciate you help.

SanfordWhiteman

You're going to need to be very specific about every single step you took, expected result, observed result.  Just "fail" isn't something we can troubleshoot.

Feel free to include screenshots of your entire process and full details about your infrastructure (start with CData since there's more experience here). The more info, the better.  I can't guarantee that we'll be able to solve it, but I can guarantee that what we have now isn't... well, isn't really anything.

Have you opened a ticket with CData? I find that they're pretty good, not instantaneous, but if you're waiting 3 weeks I'd think they would have given you feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the trial version of CData. Below are the errors which I am facing using Cdata Odbc source and Ole DB destination.

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on ODBC Source returned error code 0x80004005.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[Marketo Source [2]] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "mee: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine (Error Type / Reason: ServerProtocolViolation, Detailed Message: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine) (SSIS Integration Toolkit for Marketo, v3.0.0.692 - DtsDebugHost, v14.0.800.90)System.Net.WebException

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on Marketo Source returned error code 0xC02090F5.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[ODBC Source [2]] Error: Failed to add row to output buffer.

[ODBC Source [2]] Error: Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) error occurred.

SanfordWhiteman

Pls show more of your configuration of the component.