SOLVED

Re: How to email massive volume quickly

Go to solution
Kirstin_Mahoney
Level 2

Understanding your point (I think) about opens/clicks happening automatically (images being downloaded or bots clicking) - but not sure what else we could look for to prove, could you enlighten me? 

Regardless, I'm not feeling great about a blast to a list of leads who have (albeit automatically) opened or clicked an email less than 25% of the time in the last 6 months. Typically we have a good audience when we do reach out, so I'm wondering if the concern would be associated with getting too many complaints/SPAM flags, or is it predominately about having the email well-engaged with?

Really appreciate your insights @SanfordWhiteman .

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Understanding your point (I think) about opens/clicks happening automatically (images being downloaded or bots clicking) - but not sure what else we could look for to prove, could you enlighten me? 

Regardless, I'm not feeling great about a blast to a list of leads who have (albeit automatically) opened or clicked an email less than 25% of the time in the last 6 months. Typically we have a good audience when we do reach out, so I'm wondering if the concern would be associated with getting too many complaints/SPAM flags, or is it predominately about having the email well-engaged with?

Really appreciate your insights @SanfordWhiteman .

Journey through your site. Form fills. Custom objects being attached. Other activities only done by humans.

It's about a sudden spark in the % of complaints, because even though you can tolerate a small number of spurious "I didn't sign up for this" complaints (even if they did) you don't want to multiply that suddenly.

Kirstin_Mahoney
Level 2

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman  - this makes perfect sense. 

Not sure I have any leverage in negotiating the audience, size, or how quickly we'll be asked to push the entire volume out. 

Any other tips/strategies you might recommend for me attempting to execute this? 

If not, you've already thoroughly helped me speak to this more articulately, so thank you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Honestly there's nothing else you can do except push to space it out. People are definitely doing the send-to-everyone thing because of the virus. And also recipients are likely not thinking as aggressively about whether they know a company. Both will probably offer you some cover.

Kirstin_Mahoney
Level 2

Wanted to provide an update on how this is going so far.

We've been slowly ramping up the volume for the last week, with the biggest volume jumps occurring over the new few days.

Open rates have held strong, as well as a low unsubscribe.

Our Sender Score had not moved until today, dropped from 99 to 97.

I fear we may start to see this decline, but am happy to see that we've been able to deter it from occurring for at least the first week.

Now I want to start preparing for what we might need to do if we DO see a massive drop to Sender Score. 

IT seems to think that there is not a delivery difference until you get into the 70's. I don't know that I'd agree with that, but don't have any proof as to what the threshold is or when we can expect our metrics to change.

In the meantime, I'm thinking I'll research Return Path and strategize on how we can ensure that we are only sending emails to leads who are most likely to open/click the emails - and potentially reducing emails to those who are less likely, as a "triage" type move to try and recover (if it comes to that). 

Open to other ideas/suggestions. Or insights that might calm my nerves.