SOLVED

How to do a live test of Nurture Campaign?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do a live test of Nurture Campaign?

We have a Nurture campaign set up to target our database for customers to trigger off of although I want to make sure the SmartList is correct & we're targeting the right customers.

Is there a easy way to test a nurture before it's actually live. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks –Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to do a live test of Nurture Campaign?

Here is the Product Docs on testing an Engagement Stream - Test an Engagement Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

I'm not sure how to help you as far as targeting the right customers.  I would build your smart list in the Lead Database and confirm that the individuals showing up are those that would expect to see.  Possibly find someone that shouldn't be on the list and confirm that they are not.

When I create a new Nurture Campaign I add a couple test leads of my own to the program and run them through it.  Triggering transition rules and flow steps to make sure everything is smooth before going live.

Always nice to have a way to remove someone from the flow of engagement if they move in a favorable direction in your lifecycle.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the Product Docs on testing an Engagement Stream - Test an Engagement Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

I'm not sure how to help you as far as targeting the right customers.  I would build your smart list in the Lead Database and confirm that the individuals showing up are those that would expect to see.  Possibly find someone that shouldn't be on the list and confirm that they are not.

When I create a new Nurture Campaign I add a couple test leads of my own to the program and run them through it.  Triggering transition rules and flow steps to make sure everything is smooth before going live.

Always nice to have a way to remove someone from the flow of engagement if they move in a favorable direction in your lifecycle.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can test the Engagement Casts, but what you really want to test are the Transitions and any Entry/Exit triggers. the Casts themselves will go out and don't really need testing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh - thanks for the note. Is there an easy way to test the Transitions? -Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh - any idea why I wouldn't be able to select the stream after i put an email address in? -Rob

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had much luck using the actual "Test" feature.  As Geoff mentions below, I also create a test lead and I actually run them through the steam.  The program isn't loaded with live data so this isn't an issue while I'm testing.  But this allows me to test my transitions and other batch processes to ensure everything is working as I would expect.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Another Tip:

Our team typically sets up several alias email addresses for testing.  Depending on the number or test cases or personas this can vary.