SOLVED

Re: How to determine if custom objects have been enabled for my sandbox

Go to solution
Dan_Perrin
Level 1

How to determine if custom objects have been enabled for my sandbox

Under Admin, Database Management, Marketo Custom Objects, I've managed to create a few test / sample objects. I'm trying to link these objects back to the lead or account objects, but I do not see the option where I can link the fields. The documentation shows a screen where you can link the object via a link field. My screen doesn't seem to have such an option.

How can I determine if custom objects have been enabled for our sandbox? I suspect that's why I'm not able to see the link info.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

When CO are not enabled, you just cannot create them and the entry is not visible in the admin.

To link to the lead or the account, create a field in the custom object and give it a type of "link".

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should ask Support. If you are using Marketo Custom Objects in the Sandbox now, it's enabled. Perhaps the docs aren't clear on the issue?

Dan_Perrin
Level 1

Thanks Josh.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

When CO are not enabled, you just cannot create them and the entry is not visible in the admin.

To link to the lead or the account, create a field in the custom object and give it a type of "link".

-Greg

Dan_Perrin
Level 1

Thanks Greg. Your comments were helpful.

In addition to your notes, it seems that you cannot assign a link field after the custom object has been created and approved. I was able to link new custom objects before approval, but was unable to link any of my existing custom objects. Thanks for your help.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Yes, this is correct.

-Greg