Re: How to customize form follow up to show a custom message on the same page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to customize form follow up to show a custom message on the same page?

Are the only options to stay on page, external URL, and go to landing page?

I'm putting the form on a blog post so none of the above really make sense. 

Ideally they'd stay on page AND the form would go away and there'd be a new custom message like "Thanks for your submission.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Christine,

There's not a supported method for doing this, but I've seen it done before using the methods described here:
http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/

You could use the MktoForms2.whenReady function to hide the form (Example #1) and then use javascript to display a custom thank you message.

-Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christine,

Yes, those are the only options for form follow-up behavior using the regular Marketo interface.

That being said, if you can write Javascript (or have access to a web developer), it is possible to further modify the form follow-up behavior.

The Marketo Forms 2.0 package has a Javascript API, which allows you to alter its behavior using a script on the landing page. There are many examples and an API reference in Marketo's developer documentation: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/

I can confirm from experience that your specific requests are possible, and I can provide some additional guidance if you are willing to dig into the code. However, I would also advise running this documentation by an internal web developer.

Best,
Kyle
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's easy peasy with the Forms API.  You have to be comfortable with JS, of course.