How to create multiple accounts on one Marketo instance ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create multiple accounts on one Marketo instance ?

Hi,

I'm searching how to create multiple accounts on Marketo for customers of our agency. There's no many litterature over here in the community about this point.

The unique way I found was creating workspaces and lead partitions (except that we don't have this possibility in our configuration !).

So, what about you, agencies or big enterprises whith many subsidiaries, how do you manage the munchkin point and the analytics for different websites / clients ?

Many thanks in advance of your best practices

Alexandre

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to create multiple accounts on one Marketo instance ?

Workspaces might be your best bet. I have that setup on my instance for the same reason. It is an added fee, but it might be worth exploring.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Hussam for your feedback.

Do you mean that you're also an agency ? And using the Workspaces of Marketo to separate your client accounts (campagn, landing page, lead database...) ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. We do have an Enterprise account with workspaces.

I agree with Josh Hill​.. It may not be the perfect solution. I do run into some problems with purposeful duplication and other web activities. Marketo has to have a better Agency setup. Reach out to them. If it is out of your budget or if they don't have it, then workspaces could be an option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks Hussam. Indeed, I've reached them out. But you're right, about agencies issues, Marketo seems not to be very efficient. They have to improve their approach in this segment !

So, just to get few details more, you're working with workspaces for your different customer accounts. With this configuration, how do you manage the muchking code & web activity tracking for these multiple client websites ?

1000 thanks for your advices

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What exactly do you want to do? Your question sounds like there are several things going on.

Workspaces are only useful for large Business Units or Geographic Divisions. I strongly doubt this is what you want. You would need an Enterprise Account and pay more.

If you are managing other companies' instances, then you need to work in their instance directly or speak to Marketo about an Agency setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh for replying.

To be clearer, I lead a marketing agency and I'm searching around the instance of Marketo we have how to integrate different client accounts.

Do you think that we should use Workspace & Lead partitions or is there any 'hack' of handling Marketo in a good way for multiple accounts ? I mean, not multiple instances of our clients but generate campaigns for them and tracking / collecting their leads..

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would recommend that you speak with Marketo's Partner Team about moving to an agency model Account instead.

Regular marketo cannot do what you want. You should continue to use it for creating business, but NOT to manage other businesses' marketos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, it was what I thought about..

Thanks for your help Josh.