Re: How to create multi-channel programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create multi-channel programs

I would like to know how we create multi-channel programs.
Issue – When I create a program, it gives me option to select only one channel. My program involves multiple channel like email blast, webinar, telemarketing etc.

How do I set it up.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Vinod,

See http://perkuto.com/blog/marketing-automation/marketing-attribution-model-for-marketing-automation

What you can do is the Program = Offer and you have child SFDC campaigns that are the channels.

Your other option is to have a Folder contain several channel programs. This becomes unmangeable at some pt.
Leanne_Persang
Level 4

Hi Josh,

Can you elaborate more? Say for example I have a New Product Giveaway contest. This will be shared on multiple channels: social media, company website, and online advertising. The offer is the same, but the channel differs. How do I set this up so that I can set success and properly assign lead source values? 

Would I need to create a separate campaign for each channel? Note that our folder structure is organized by channel type.

Thanks!

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Vinod,

For 2015, we're moving in the direction that Josh mentioned above.  The problem with having a folder with several channel programs that I've experienced is that our success in Marketo/SFDC for some of our campaigns is to sign up or fill out a form and to purchase.  When they sign up more than once through more than one channel, they then become a member of 2 different channel programs.  When our sales associates contact to close the sale, they than have to make sure they are selecting the right campaign that acquired the lead.