Re: how to create a report with phone number = mobile phone?

Nancy_Rosentha4
Level 2

how to create a report with phone number = mobile phone?

I am trying to run a report to check where phone = Mobile.
I tried (Mobile Phone Number IS {{lead.Phone Number}}
OR
Phone IS {{lead.Mobile Phone Number}})
AND Phone IS NOT EMPTY
This results in no leads, but I know is a fact there are many leads that exist this way in our database. Any suggestions?

Nancy Rosenthal
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't compare 2 fields in that way. You must use a webhook.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

that is... you can't use a token in the smart list tab.

You best option is to export a smartlist where phone number is not empty AND mobile number is not empty and do your matching in excel.

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks Jay, yes, I suppose my response wasn't self-explanatory!

@Nancy_Rosentha4 the reason you can't do it in a SL is the same reason you can't do anything with tokens in that context. The webhook is the workaround for that.  Or, as Jay says, export and import.

Note there is a way to compare certain values without using any external webhook-compatible service. You still need to use Call Webhook, though. And this only works for case-sensitive comparisons of values that are not allowed to have spaces. Will write about it someday...

Phillip_Wild
Level 10

To add to this, if it's really important that ongoing you know which phone numbers match the mobile phone number field, you could do that calculation in your CRM (if you are synced in). 

Eg. build out a Salesforce field which simply checks that one field is the same as another, and returns true or false. Once that field is synced in, you can use it ongoing in Marketo. But for more of a one-off comparison that is over-engineering. Just export the list and compare.

SanfordWhiteman

Hey! Almost forgot my aulde schoole method from years ago, before I was Mr. Webhook.

• Create a new field (matching the datatype of the fields you want to compare).
  • Run a batch to set (Change Data Valuethe new field to {{lead.field1}}.
  • Then run a batch to set the same field to {{lead.field2}}.

The people who had 1 Data Value Changes activity had the same value for both field1 and field2. The people who had 2 DVCs in the time period had different values (because the value changed from empty ⇒ value1 and from value1 ⇒ value2).

Naturally you need to wait for the first batch to complete (check the count of people in a Smart List) before running the second batch.