How to copy activity log from one record onto another for a duplicate record?

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

How to copy activity log from one record onto another for a duplicate record?

For Duplicate Records where one happens to be a Dynamics lead and the other is a Dynamics contact record, I have to delete the "lead" and NOT the "contact". However, I want to move the activity log from the lead record to the contact record because all the lead records have been tracking the engagement activity and I don't want to lose that historical data. Any tips?

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How to copy activity log from one record onto another for a duplicate record?

If you merge the records, the losing record's activity log will be transferred/copied over to the winning record's activity log. Without merging I don't think you can get the activity logs over to the contact record. Is there a specific reason that you want to delete the lead record instead of merging the records?

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Re: How to copy activity log from one record onto another for a duplicate record?

Yes, we are unable to merge two Dynamics records.  Example is below:

Record 1: Dynamics Lead Record

Record 2: Dynamics Contact Record

Cannot be merged using merge functionality in Marketo. When I try, there is an error message. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yeah, I do now remember an idea floating around in the community regarding allowing the merging of records synced with MSD via Marketo too!