Re: How to change the countires in all Forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change the countires in all Forms

Hi Mr/Ms,

I've got a request from my colleague this week. There are some countires' name need to change in every Forms.

Seems there are almost 50 forms need to be changed and the related landing page need to be updated so that it will shows the changes correctly.

I know a way to fix this is to modified the Form one by one. It's very urgent request and I need to fix it a.s.a.p.

Would you please help on this? Is there an easy way to do those changes?

Kind regards,

Celine

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Celine, I think you will have to update each form/landing page with your changes.  We have tried to use a few common forms in Design Studio because of this kind of situation.  It would be great if multiple forms could share common  pick lists.
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

You can use Javascript on the templates to re-create the picklist on the fly without having to touch the existing forms.

If you have a good Javascript developer available, you can have a custom solution implemented that meets your needs.

I like to have some JS files linked from all (or most) of the pages that I manage (over 3,000 right now) so that I can apply global updates as needed while minimizing the effort.

For example, if your country options need to change you can replace them upon page load with a new list using Javascript. Jquery is my method of choice to do those kinds of things.

Sample:
$jQ("#FieldName").append('<option value="'+YOURVALUESARRAY[1]+'">'+YOURVALUESARRAY[0]+'</option>');

In order for this to work, there is more code needed, 
but any good Javascript developer will be able to create the logic you may need.

If you have the resources, that is probably your best option.

I have my default list included in a "variables" Javascript file.
I keep my funcions in a separate JS file, and can override the values at the page level if necessary.

Good luck!

Rafael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope there's someone is good at Javascript developer and willing to help.
But seems no one can help me out today. So....  I'll do those changes one by one. 

Thank your guys. It's good to know that different ways to avoid / fix this.

Celine