SOLVED

Marketo-Dynamics Integration?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo-Dynamics Integration?

Beyond the pre-built integration, has anyone built custom integration between Marketo and Dynamics?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo-Dynamics Integration?

What do you feel you're missing in your integration? We're integrated with CRM4, so it's a 'custom' integration via a Boomi service. It is quite complex and I would greatly appreciate just having the native integration. Unfortunately my company doesn't see the validity in upgrading 6 year old technology. 😞

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you feel you're missing in your integration? We're integrated with CRM4, so it's a 'custom' integration via a Boomi service. It is quite complex and I would greatly appreciate just having the native integration. Unfortunately my company doesn't see the validity in upgrading 6 year old technology. 😞
Anonymous
Not applicable

Workflow seems to be the main issue, specifically as it relates to the lead entity in CRM4. Did you write th eintegration yourself or do you perhaps have a partner your could reccomend who helped you?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey David- We hired Marketo to write the integration for us. They hired the Pedowitz group. Then we had some more work 6 months later and someone from Marketo executed the 2nd project.

Can you explain more about what your workflow problems are. I don't so much notice issues for us unless you're discussing Dynamics workflow problems of 1:N where dynamics can't realize that one thing can apply to many leads.

The other problem we have is that when a data value is updated in Marketo, it syncs to CRM, great. But if the data value is updated on a Recycled lead, CRM doesn't allow editing of deactivated leads, so first the system reactivates the lead, which makes it look like the lead was recycled, but in fact it just had some minor system update, like I changed a basic field designation or something. No activity from the prospect, but a minor data change, reactivates, which makes the sales rep think that the lead has done something, check the activities and nothing is new. Then they recycle it again, deactivating it. That's a buit of a pain and I have my CRM guys working on a fix for that.