Re: How to change Program Status?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change Program Status?

I have an email campaign which is divided into 3 different emails.  I sent the first email last week and have a smart campagign which changes the program status to sent, and then opened to those who opened it.

My question is that if I send the next email do I need to change the filter in my smart campaign for the second email?  Ideally I'd like to see open rates by email (1st, 2nd 3rd). My fear is that when I send the next batch it will change the program status to sent and I will lose visibility of the open rate from the first campaign.

I was thinking of setting the second and third emails up as different programs, except from a marketing standpoint they are one program. 

Does this make sense?  Any good toughts on this?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will be able to see the delivery and open stats on each of the smart campaigns you are deploying from. The program status is meant to show the movement of a user towards your success action. What you could do is set up a program type that is a multi step email and set up multiple tags on the channel - sent email 1, opened email 1, sent email 2, opened email 2 etc. so that you can see how a user is moving but keep in mind a user is only able to hold one program status so if they open email one and you deploy email two their program status would be flipped to sent email 2. This would only work if there was a trigger that would push a user to the next deployment, if you are deploying all 3 emails to everyone you'll either end up with everyone sent or opened email 3.

We set up each deployment with a unique campaing in SFDC. So in Marketo we track the program status but also have triggers that will push sent, opened, clicked, bounced and unsubscribed data into the SFDC campaign. That way we can look at the data in both systems.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Richard, this was very helpful.