SOLVED

How to change font color of unsubscribe link per email template?

Go to solution
Julie_Gederos
Level 2

How to change font color of unsubscribe link per email template?

Hello Marketo Beehive Minds!
This is my first post in the Community. I am trying to figure out how to change the font color of the unsubscribe link per email template. The unsubscribe link is always blue to match our branding. However I have 1 email template (attached) where the body of the email is white and outside blue. Blue on blue makes my unsubscribe link "disappear". I can't change the unsubscribe link font to white for all emails because then the link will "disappear" for all but my attached email template. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Please and thank you!

Julie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: How to change font color of unsubscribe link per email template?

Additional note: some email clients will override this with their default settings. If you want to be more certain that the hyperlink shows as white, and underlined (though to be fair, not underlined tends to be where you'll run into more issues), you'll need to add "!important" to those styles, like so:

<a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}" target="_blank" style="color:#FFFFFF !important;text-decoration:underline !important;">Unsubscribe</a>

This basically says "ignore what the css styles say, and ignore your mail client defaults, these styles should override those."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

In this template, you need to add some in-line styling tags to change the link. Basically, kind of like this if you want to make it white (based on your template I'd guess that's your goal)

<a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}" target="_blank" style="color:#FFFFFF;text-decoration:underline;">Unsubscribe</a>

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Additional note: some email clients will override this with their default settings. If you want to be more certain that the hyperlink shows as white, and underlined (though to be fair, not underlined tends to be where you'll run into more issues), you'll need to add "!important" to those styles, like so:

<a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}" target="_blank" style="color:#FFFFFF !important;text-decoration:underline !important;">Unsubscribe</a>

This basically says "ignore what the css styles say, and ignore your mail client defaults, these styles should override those."

Julie_Gederos
Level 2

Thanks, Grace! That did it. I tried Chris' suggestion but then my unsubscribe link appeared at the top of my email. I'm all set now. Thank you!!