SOLVED

Re: How to best use Segmentation (limited by Smart Lists) for Dynamic Content

Go to solution
Sarah_White1
Level 2

How to best use Segmentation (limited by Smart Lists) for Dynamic Content

Question: I have a segmentation set up in our instance by degree program (we're at a higher ed institute, but the equivalent analogy would be setting up segmentation by industry). The segmentation criteria is set to all records in our instance, regardless of if they are a record from 10 years ago or 10 days ago. 

I want to send a campaign to a limited criteria of records (example: 3 of our degree programs; records created in the last 2 years) but then use dynamic content within the email to speak to each degree program uniquely. 

If I set up my program as usual (with sending campaign pulling in the smart list for the limited audience (3 degree programs, records created in the last 2 years), and then apply my segmentation to the email template itself to pull in dynamic content, will the campaign only send to the limited audience (which is what I want) or will it send to everyone in my segmentation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It will only send to the people that qualify for the Smart Campaign.

It wouldn't make sense for "everyone in my segmentation" to get an email, because technically everyone in your database is in that segmentation. "Default" is still a segment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

It will only send to the people that qualify for the Smart Campaign.

It wouldn't make sense for "everyone in my segmentation" to get an email, because technically everyone in your database is in that segmentation. "Default" is still a segment.

Sarah_White1
Level 2

Good. That's what I anticipated, but wasn't able to find clear documentation affirming that. 

SanfordWhiteman

OK, could you mark my answer as Correct when you get a chance?