SOLVED

Re: How to add more fields in the "Create New" SFDC campaign modal?

Go to solution
ThaísMacedo
Level 2

How to add more fields in the "Create New" SFDC campaign modal?

Hello everyone

Is there a way to add other fields when creating a new Salesforce campaign through a Marketo program?

To give you more context: we create a new Salesforce campaign for each Marketo program by using the Setup > SFDC Campaign Sync > Create New. We can change Name and Description, as on this image:

ThasMacedo_0-1672769215525.png

But now, to improve our Salesforce reports, we're adding new fields in the campaign object on SFDC (region, vertical, team etc.). And we want to be able to fill these fields in Marketo, so our Marketing team doesn't have to go to two different platforms every time.

Is there a way to add more fields to this modal?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think these are Campaign, not Campaign Member-level fields. So PMCF ↔︎ CM sync wouldn’t help.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yeah - agreed, one way would be to store data on a synced person field and use that to write data into SFDC campaign object’s field(s) (of course the necessary automations to grab and write data on apt campaign object’s field(s) would need to be done on the SFDC end). However, this would still not allow adding fields to the SFDC campaign creation modal/dialog in Marketo, but rather would be a workaround to get data from Marketo to the SFDC campaign object. 

I found a post that talks about writing data to a field on the campaign object  in the community here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

You cannot add fields to the SFDC campaign creation modal, but if you’re looking to add data at the member-level, then you could use Program Member Custom Fields in Marketo and have them synced with the corresponding SFDC campaign member fields. You can set up flows in Marketo to have the PMCFs updated for the members, which would then sync with the corresponding campaign member object in the SFDC.

Check out all about PMCF and PMCF sync on the experience league product documentation.

Edit- This would only work for campaign member fields and not for the fields on campaign object as PMCF strictly syncs with the campaign member object fields. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think these are Campaign, not Campaign Member-level fields. So PMCF ↔︎ CM sync wouldn’t help.

Darshil_Shah1

Yeah - agreed, one way would be to store data on a synced person field and use that to write data into SFDC campaign object’s field(s) (of course the necessary automations to grab and write data on apt campaign object’s field(s) would need to be done on the SFDC end). However, this would still not allow adding fields to the SFDC campaign creation modal/dialog in Marketo, but rather would be a workaround to get data from Marketo to the SFDC campaign object. 

I found a post that talks about writing data to a field on the campaign object  in the community here

ThaísMacedo
Level 2

Thank you. It's sad that there's not a easy way to do it, but you and this other post you linked gave me some ideas for workarounds.