SOLVED

Re: How to add emoji to Rich Text Token?

Go to solution
NestoJosa
Level 3

How to add emoji to Rich Text Token?

Hello again Marketing Nation!

How to add emoji to Rich Text Token?

When adding an emoji via Unicode e.g. "😀" to a Text Token, it works as expected - the emoji is rendered in email.

But, when using the same Unicode in a Rich Text Token, it does NOT work as expected - the Unicode is removed from the Rich Text Token after saving, and no emoji is rendered in email.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,
ernie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When adding an emoji via Unicode e.g. "😀" to a Text Token, it works as expected - the emoji is rendered in email.

First, let's not call that "Unicode" as it's basically as far as you can get from the numeric codepoint itself.

Rather, it's one particular sequence of ASCII chars that is designed, in HTML only, to be transformed into a Unicode codepoint.  (No single text encoding should actually be called "Unicode," though at least UTF32 is close to the spirit.)

Anyway, there's no way to do what you want in the WYSIWYG editor. Marketo is overprotective of emojis. You can use a Text {{my.token}} or a Velocity {{my.token}}.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

First, let's not call that "Unicode" as it's basically as far as you can get from the numeric codepoint itself.

Rather, it's one particular sequence of ASCII chars that is designed, in HTML only, to be transformed into a Unicode codepoint.  (No single text encoding should actually be called "Unicode," though at least UTF32 is close to the spirit.)

Anyway, there's no way to do what you want in the WYSIWYG editor. Marketo is overprotective of emojis. You can use a Text {{my.token}} or a Velocity {{my.token}}.

NestoJosa
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

Thanks for the information!

I now understand that its not possible to add emojis to Rich Text Tokens.

We are currently looking into adding the emoji as an image instead.

SanfordWhiteman

OK. I'd be wary myself of relying on images, unless you're specifically targeting consumer webmail where images are enabled by default.