Re: How to Add a Custom Duplicate Filter

Meredith_DAmbri
Level 2

How to Add a Custom Duplicate Filter

I'd like to look for possible duplicates based on a custom field that I created. I can see that email address, Full Name, Last Name, and Updated At are fields I can choose, but how do I add a custom field to that?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Meredith!

The Duplicate Leads filter in Smart List does have a drop down that offers a handful of fields to use to check for duplicates but it also allows you to enter in your own field name in the text box area.  The drop down is just the list of the most commonly used fields, but it definitely creates some confusion in what fields you can actually use. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jesse
Technical Support Engineer - Premier Support Team
Meredith_DAmbri
Level 2

Hi Jesse,
I typed it in, but it has a red squiggly line underneath and says Cannot define Duplicate Fields against CRD Number (which is my custom field). Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Meredith,

I am running into the same issue as you, did you ever find a solution? If not maybe this response will bump up this post and someone from Marketo can help us out?

Thanks,
Akash
Meredith_DAmbri
Level 2

I found out that you cannot define a custom duplicate field. You could modify the Last Name field with your own criteria.

BTW: I posted it as a suggestion and Marketo rated it “we like it, but it’s complicated.”

You could like my suggestion to get it more recognition.

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JoOXAA0
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Meredith!

I've liked your suggestion and hope Marketo adds this functionality in the future.