Re: How to A/B Test with Nurture Campaigns (Program)

Christine_Chow
Level 1

How to A/B Test with Nurture Campaigns (Program)

Can someone provide a guide on how to set up a/b testing for nurture campaigns? Thanks!

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christine,

In engagement programs, you will need to use a champion/challenger A/B Test. The doc is here: Email Tests - Champion/Challenger - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Please note that the email will remain in test mode (keep sending all test versions) until you come back and declare a winner.

-Greg

Christine_Chow
Level 1

Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome.

Pl mark it as answered

-Greg

Chris_Francis
Level 4

Thank you for this answer.  I set up a test nurture campaign with an A/B test email.  Enrolled 4 people in it and all four got the "Champion" Subject line.  Did I do something wrong?  Is it not every other email?

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Chris - depends on how you set it up. What percentage did you set in the Champion Challenger setup for the ratio of Challenger to Champion? If you set it up as 50% to receive both challenger and champion then yes, you could expect it to do "every other email". If you set it up as 10%, you can expect that 1 email in 10 sent will be the challenger. In that scenario it'd be perfectly feasiable for the first 4 you sent to be sent the champion. So it all depends on the ratio you have set.

Chris_Francis
Level 4

Thanks for the reply Veronica.  Turns out it was me.  I was using a campaign in the stream (because I wanted to do other things besides just send the email) but dug deeper into the Marketo Docs (actually read them all) and found that the Champion/Challenger tests will only work from Trigger campaigns not Batch Campaigns.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yeeaaah, that'll do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad you posted this -- I've been using batch campaigns in a nurture stream too, and couldn't figure out why all the champion/challenger reports were coming back one-sided. Dang it.