SOLVED

How much person score has changed in a timeframe

Go to solution
GerardoH26
Level 1

How much person score has changed in a timeframe

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a smart campaign to alert our sales team when the person's score experiences a change of 50 or more in a time period of 6 months. I have made many smart campaigns and tests and none works for me

1. This one only affects people whose score is exactly +49 so if a person's score is +50, +51 etc, it won't work...

GerardoH26_1-1717108860028.png

2. The problem with this is that works for new leads in the first 6 months, but if a person has a score of 100 and increases to 103, It will be affected because 

1. New value is greater than 49
  2. The action happened in past 6 months

GerardoH26_2-1717108990571.png

It is the same for trigger campaigns so I don't know what to do, I would appreciate it if someone has a good idea or had handled this problem before!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How much person score has changed in a timeframe

Sorry, it can’t be done with Marketo Smart Campaigns alone. Your attempts don’t even take into account multiple score changes — they’re dealing with one Change Score activity each!

For complex score logic like this you seek help from a webhook-compatible service. You could even use a Google Sheet w/Visualization Query Language: relay each score delta to the Sheet and then use VQL to query a pivot table and get  a lead’s total delta in the past 6 months.

(I’d almost always use something more purpose-built but that Sheets setup could be done.)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
uditmathur
Level 5

Hi,

The solution you are trying to achieve is not straightway possible as Marketo natively can not add 2 numbers.

A possible way to achieve this is to create a custom score field & set it to "0" for all your leads.

Then create a trigger campaign to increment this value with same as the person score is added. For eg. if person score is changed with +5 points the custom score field should also be increased by +5 to that the new value to score field to be +5 & so on.

Than create a campaign to can check when the custom score filed value reaches 50 trigger the Send alert campaign.

By this you can be sure that the value is changed exactly +50 irrespective of the person score.

Hope this helps.

GerardoH26
Level 1

I tried implementing this but the problem here is that if a person gets +5 each month, in 6 months will have 30 (it should not notify and it will not notify, so the program is ok) but in 10 months will have 50 (here his score in the last 6 months is 30. And it will notify because the 50 score was reached)

SanfordWhiteman

Udit, this suggestion also doesn't take into account the timeframe.
uditmathur
Level 5

HI Sanford,

Yes, with only 1 campaign it will not, but we can achieve this if we track progress (increase every month).

Also, @GerardoH26  is the campaign has to track only if the score reaches 50 in 6 months or is it to track score to 50 anytime within 6 months. 

SanfordWhiteman

You still can’t do it with multiple Smart Campaigns because you need a sliding window of 6 months of deltas.

SanfordWhiteman

Sorry, it can’t be done with Marketo Smart Campaigns alone. Your attempts don’t even take into account multiple score changes — they’re dealing with one Change Score activity each!

For complex score logic like this you seek help from a webhook-compatible service. You could even use a Google Sheet w/Visualization Query Language: relay each score delta to the Sheet and then use VQL to query a pivot table and get  a lead’s total delta in the past 6 months.

(I’d almost always use something more purpose-built but that Sheets setup could be done.)

GerardoH26
Level 1

Conclusion: It is not possible to perform this with Marketo.

I'm not good at coding but I will try this, thanks!

uditmathur
Level 5

I have read your article on using webhook & excel to achieve this. Although i have not tried it but is definitely more robust way for achieving this at scale.  

SanfordWhiteman

@uditmathur wrote:

I have read your article on using webhook & excel to achieve this. Although i have not tried it but is definitely more robust way for achieving this at scale.  

Well, not so much that article, but I have written about related methods in the past, yes.