Re: How many "Choice" options can "Send Email" flow step handle

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many "Choice" options can "Send Email" flow step handle

Hi,

I have setup a form to download pdf resource files. When any body submits the form, s/he receives the email with the link to download the pdf resource.

To identify the resource of interest I have added a hidden field in the form which get auto populated from query string parameter.

So, the web page URL where the form is embedded is like, https://www.example.com/whitepaper-resource/?get_resource=Whitepaper-Name.

Based on the resource name, respective email is sent in the "Send Email" flow step.

We have 16 such resources and different email for each.

The problem is, this flow step works for some resources only. Following is how the flow step looks.

Send-Email-Flow-Step.jpg

Any thoughts/help on this?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd start with checking the URL parameters for leads that didn't get the right resource. Maybe your URL got broken for whatever reason.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. I have considered that situation and have set the default email.

So, as you suggested, if for reason, the URL is rendered without the required parameter resulting in the hidden field being submitted blank. In that case the resource name will not be available and the default email will be sent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kundana,

What I mean is, the problem is likely not with the multi-choice in Marketo, but with the URL structure. You can check the actual URL parameters that were passed to the webpage using activity log.

Have you re-confirmed that the URL parameters were actually passed successfully when the resource recognition failed?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It looks like the Choice Steps aren't matching a URL parameter. Notice the spaces and naming. Do they match the Filter or Smart List Trigger?