SOLVED

How many Hidden fields can have in Marketo

Go to solution
ishavkhan
Level 1

How many Hidden fields can have in Marketo

Hi All,

I want to know the maximum limit of hidden fields can have in marketo form or no limits for hidden fields. and also homany UTM Parameters can have in marketo fields like utm_campaign, utm_medium etc..

thanks

Ishav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How many Hidden fields can have in Marketo

There is a limit of ~260KB for an entire form post. No specific limit enforced on the number of fields AFAIK but your payload needs to be below that size. I can’t imagine what you’d be posting in a marketing context that would be even close to that.

Also, the more hidden fields you add in Form Editor the harder it will be to navigate. But hidden fields can be just as easily added using the Forms JS API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Not sure I understand you here. Having hidden fields in Marketo is not something you want to stimulate, as hiding a field removes it from use altogether, so this is used to remove obsolete fields from the UI. Unless of course you mean hidden fields on a form. This would also correllate with the utm parameters, which you would use as hidden fields on a form.

Can you clarify the use case you are thinking of? How many fields are you hoping to use in which context?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There is a limit of ~260KB for an entire form post. No specific limit enforced on the number of fields AFAIK but your payload needs to be below that size. I can’t imagine what you’d be posting in a marketing context that would be even close to that.

Also, the more hidden fields you add in Form Editor the harder it will be to navigate. But hidden fields can be just as easily added using the Forms JS API.