Re: How is it possible to update email templates that are used by emails in an existing campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How is it possible to update email templates that are used by emails in an existing campaign?

I noticed that I can change the text in my email template, but these changes do not populate in the email itself. Anyone have insight into how to make changes?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is it possible to update email templates that are used by emails in an existing campaign?

Hi Chrissy Lowe,

If you make changes to the email templates and approve them, a draft should be created for any emails currently using that template. Did you already approve the template and check for a new draft of the emails using the template?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wintha,

I think the problem is that the template was already in an approved state, and when I try to unapprove the template, I get the message that it is used in email and cannot be unapproved.

So I can edit it, but not unapprove and reapprove, if that makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup exactly right Chrissy Lowe, you don't need to first unapprove the template. You can just go ahead and edit the template and then approve the draft version. Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I wasn't approving the draft every time I made a change. Appreciate your help! Wintha Kelati

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just be careful with this. If you completely modify the editable areas, you may lose content in the dependent email. Test it first.