SOLVED

Re: How do you track visits on Marketo Landing Pages in Google Analytics?

Go to solution
Alyssa_Maker
Level 2

How do you track visits on Marketo Landing Pages in Google Analytics?

I am trying to track visits on my Marketo Landing Pages in Google Analytics so that I can set up goals in GA. My GA code lives in Google Tag Manager and I added the Google Tag Manager code to all my Marketo pages. I also added our subdomain "content.synthio.com" to "Exclude URL Query Parameters" and it is still not working. When I search the pages under page views, no data comes up and our goals are not working.

Anyone know how to make this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Do I need a different property ID?

No, you don't

Should I not use Google Tag Manager and just but the code directly in Marketo pages?

No you don't

said exclude url query parameters I put content.synthio.com

Why would you do this ? I think this is were the problem is.

In "exclude url query parameter", remove "content.synthio.com" and add "mkt_tok" to exclude this when traffic is inbound from an email link

-Greg

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please supply one of your page URLs and I can tell you if it's sending data to the GA collector.

There's nothing special about logging Marketo-hosted LPs in GA. You can treat them as you would any static HTML pages.

Alyssa_Maker
Level 2

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

GTM is indeed rolled out to the LP, as well as GA.

What is the UFRL of the follow-up page (I did not want to fill out the form to avoid skewing your stats.

-Greg

Alyssa_Maker
Level 2

Hey Greg,

I have the tag manager code on all the landing pages but it is still not showing up in my Google analytics. It keeps saying no data when I go to Page performance and put in the URL of the landing page and I've also tried doing it with everything after the \ after our content.Synthio.com I know our goals are probably not working because Google analytics is not reading those pages and our goals use those pages. Is content.Synthio.com considered a sub domain?

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alyssa,

Yes, content.synthio.com is a subdomain of synthio.com, as www.synthio.com is also another subdomain of synthio.com. IMHO, it's either related to how you are rolling GA to the page through GTM (same GA porperty ID ?) or how the subdomains are being configured in GA properties.

-Greg

Alyssa_Maker
Level 2

I am using the same GA property ID. I am using the same code that is on our website www.synthio.com

Do I need a different property ID? Should I not use Google Tag Manager and just but the code directly in Marketo pages?

And when I was researching to see how to set up sub domains it kept telling me to go to property settings and where it said exclude url query parameters I put content.synthio.com

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Do I need a different property ID?

No, you don't

Should I not use Google Tag Manager and just but the code directly in Marketo pages?

No you don't

said exclude url query parameters I put content.synthio.com

Why would you do this ? I think this is were the problem is.

In "exclude url query parameter", remove "content.synthio.com" and add "mkt_tok" to exclude this when traffic is inbound from an email link

-Greg

Alyssa_Maker
Level 2

I excluded content.synthio.com because when I was trying to figure out how to get GA to track everything I read kept saying to exclude that. I just took that out and put in "mkt_tok" instead. Should it start tracking automatically or will this take 24 hours to show?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

It should start tracking automatically. Make sure you clean the cache on your browser if you want to test.

-Greg