SOLVED

Re: How do you move a RCE report into a different folder?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you move a RCE report into a different folder?

We've created a lot of Revenue Cycle Explorer reports and would like to organize them into folders, but I don't see how to do this.  Does anyone know how to move a existing RCE report into a folder?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Elliott,

Everything that I have seen is that the interface for RCE is very clunky and limited. I don't think that you can move reports. What you can do is click the Save As button and resave the report where you would like it to go, then delete the misplaced report. Not ideal, but should help you stay organized in the manner you would like.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Elliott,

Everything that I have seen is that the interface for RCE is very clunky and limited. I don't think that you can move reports. What you can do is click the Save As button and resave the report where you would like it to go, then delete the misplaced report. Not ideal, but should help you stay organized in the manner you would like.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff! I was afraid I was UI constrained. Good workaround that I hadn't considered, but will use it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we rename a folder created in RCE? And can we delete a folder? i see options to delete a report, but not options to delete a folder? Is that possible?
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Sanaa,

You can rename a folder in the Browse Files view. Click on the folder you want to rename, and a "Folder Actions" column will appear on the far right. One of the listed options is to "Rename Folder".

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 3.04.07 PM.png

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there is a way to rename the folder, but we can delete it if it is not blank. RCE gives an option to delete the folder when you right click on the folder containing some files or folder.
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Very silly that you cannot move reports between folders...

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Elliott Lowe, I believe you can cut reports from one folder and move to another.

On the right hand panel, you can either cut or copy a report, then navigate to the folder you want to move it to, and click "paste". Here are a couple screen shots:

Move RCE Reports 1.png

Move RCE Reports 2.png