How do you manage automated responses?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

How do you manage automated responses?

Hello,

you're probably getting a lot of OOOs, notifications that recipients have left company, etc. How do you manage them?
Do you manually remove from your database people that have resigned or retired?

I have personally created 3 landing pages with a form that only contains email address. Whenever I get notifications, I submit email address and based on landing page, a flow is triggered that ticks the right boxes and adds the right interesting moments (e.g. lead has retired).

We are also getting some notifcations from anti-spam tools like Mailinblack.

Do you process them?

screenshot.jpg

Cécile @ Talend

5 REPLIES 5
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you manage automated responses?

Cécile, I have an Outlook rule that forwards those auto-responses with certain key words (e.g. no longer with, retire, etc.) to a data person, so they can update the lead status and sometimes create a new record if that email references a new contact.  There are software that parse incoming email and update data bases (search for 'email to database parser'), but we haven't had the bandwidth to investigate.  I'd love to hear if anyone has used software to automate this.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There was a good article on this. It didn't automate things, but it did outline how you could keep some records alive by tracking down who left for a new job and who might have bad emails but could be fixed. I think it was Steve Moody who did that:

• check linked in
  • check for typos
  • suspend temporarily people who soft bounce too many times
  • update the CRM
  • call them
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cécile Maindron​ Two wise men have answered. Which one will you mark Correct Answer : )

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Scott K. Wilder​ I'm indeed lucky that "la crème de la crème" of the leaderboard has answered my question

Elliott Lowe​ Thanks for the tip. I happened to be the recipient and data person so I don't think I'll forward emails to myself however I like the rules based on keywords. I could populate some folders in my mailbox and avoid having to go through thousands of emails each time we are sending our Corporate Newsletter to our full database. Do you also manage the localization?

BTW How do you proceed if a person says: I'm no longer in charge, please contact now : xyz

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Here is Steven Moody's presentation from 2014:

How to Turn Every Bounced Lead into Two Warm Leads - YouTube

I don't think there are many ways to un-automate this but if you have the time to do his workaround, it's a great idea. Otherwise, I always just think more forward-thinking. Making it easy for people to subscribe to your content on the website might be the easiest way to 'acquire' people who may have otherwise moved on.