SOLVED

Re: How do you integrate MKTO and SFDC using a custom lead object in SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you integrate MKTO and SFDC using a custom lead object in SFDC?

Hi guys,

Our Salesforce license doesn't cover the native lead object and our work processes do not require the object at all, but we still need a lead object to be able to integrate Marketo and SFDC.

The error message I get when trying to connect MTKO and SFDC indicates pretty clearly that it's possible to use a custom object as the lead object, so I've created a new object with the correct naming (I think) and given the Marketo SFDC user the necessary rights to the object.

However, I keep getting the same error message:
"describeSObject failed - INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Lead' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

I haven't created any fields in the object besides the standard for a new custom object.

I've asked support for some documentation on using a custom object as the lead object, but haven't got any response yet.

Do any of you have any experience with using a custom object as the lead object? I would really appreciate some help here. 🙂

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Yes, without success. Support just came through though - the super administrator in a Force.com instance apparently has access to the native lead objects, so we're purchasing a second super admin user, which we can setup correctly. Hopefully this'll work.

I also got it to work with Bedrockdata.com - really impressed by their integration engine. I always thought 3rd party integration solution was a hazzle, but this was a breeze.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Just a hunch, but did you name the custom object "lead"? If so, I would rename it to something that will not confuse Marketo. It has been my experience with fields that the naming itself can create a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Yes, named it the following:

Singular label: Lead

Plural label: Leads

Object Name: Lead

API Name: Lead__c

Alex_Stanton1

I would confirm this with support, but I have the feeling that since the standard object is called "Lead" calling the custom one "Lead" as well will create a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Support isn't much help - gets really frustrating. They keep sending me a link with documentation for regular sync no matter how many times I try to explain what I'm trying to do. 🙂

I'll keep at it!

Alex_Stanton1

Did you try to change the name of the custom object / build a new one and give it a different name?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Yes, without success. Support just came through though - the super administrator in a Force.com instance apparently has access to the native lead objects, so we're purchasing a second super admin user, which we can setup correctly. Hopefully this'll work.

I also got it to work with Bedrockdata.com - really impressed by their integration engine. I always thought 3rd party integration solution was a hazzle, but this was a breeze.