Re: How do you create a button that generates an email request inside a mass email

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you create a button that generates an email request inside a mass email

My company is sending out a email communication for an upcoming event we have. I would like to include a button inside the email that when recipients click it a email will pull up that they can fill in information and request a meeting. Like the attached screen shot in an email I received. I am wondering how can you create such a function in a Marketo email communication? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: How do you create a button that generates an email request inside a mass email

Hi Amy,

This would be part of the html in your email.  You can create a link like this by following the instruction in the link below.

Pre-populate mailto links with subject and body text | New Organizing Institute

John

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Amy, when using mailto: links you must add the class "mktNoTrack" to the <A> in the email or the link will not be functional for many of your leads.

Because of this requirement, the only feedback you'll get is via inbound emails to your domain (which aren't processed by Marketo).  All the same, those emails do represent real engagement, so I don't mean to devalue them by any means -- they're just outside the realm of marketing automation, so you'll need to complement them with manual lead updates.

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Have you considered driving these leads to a Marketo landing page where they can input the information you want? Seems like a good way to track explicit behavior with intent on the part of your customers. It also lets you automate work to do things like send out confirmation emails for appointments.

Incidentally, we've done something similar using our own product to point directly to a web form attached to a Smartsheet for easy tracking, and flexible input from the customer. If you're interested in that workflow, let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Is there a way i can get Marketo form entries in SmartSheet for my task request management?

Thanks,

Nicky

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Nicky Sharma​ The method I referenced above uses URL parameters to pass values to a Smartsheet form the user's filling out. Is that what you're wanting or something more along the lines of adding rows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

Here is one I just did - "mailto:email@domain.com?subject=REGISTRATION: Innovate with Connected Collaboration&amp;body=I would like to register for the upcoming Event on the date. Please find my details below:%0D%0AName:%0D%0ACompany name:%0D%0ADesignation: %0D%0AEmail address:%0D%0AMobile no:"

I found this site helpful - http://elixiter.com/how-to-pre-populate-the-subject-line-and-body-in-mailto-generated-emails/