SOLVED

How do we post blog articles in the Community?

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 6

How do we post blog articles in the Community?

Hi everyone!

I feel silly asking this after all this time but I finally have a couple of topics I'd like to post about and I don't see an option to write a blog article/post here in the Community.

If someone can direct me, that would be much appreciated 😀

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Re: How do we post blog articles in the Community?

Hey Michelle,

To echo @SanfordWhiteman's comment, we grant blogging permissions to our advocates and superusers. There are some cases where we will allow less frequent community members the ability to write blogs. If you're interested in writing a blog, feel free to reach out to Sanford or myself and we can work with you to get that published on the Community. Thanks for your interest in adding your blog material to the Marketing Nation Community! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Michelle, blogging privileges are granted to people above a certain badge/rating (i.e. based on effective problem-solving in the past).

Generally you have to be at least at a level 8 to be considered, but if you have specialized knowledge in an area that might be waived. If you want to DM me the topic you’re interested in, we can look further into it.

michellechopin
Level 6

Thanks for clarifying @SanfordWhiteman! I wondered if that was the case but had seen L2 folks posting so thought perhaps I was imagining things!

I'll send you a DM and you can let me know if the items fit the criteria for posting. If not, I will hold onto things for the future (and work harder/faster at my levelling - was hoping to use a couple blog posts to complete badges!).

Appreciate you!

Michelle 😊

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hey Michelle,

To echo @SanfordWhiteman's comment, we grant blogging permissions to our advocates and superusers. There are some cases where we will allow less frequent community members the ability to write blogs. If you're interested in writing a blog, feel free to reach out to Sanford or myself and we can work with you to get that published on the Community. Thanks for your interest in adding your blog material to the Marketing Nation Community! 

WolframLotz
Level 4

Hi both,

I think this is a fantastic idea: restricting the opportunity to write blog posts only to those who have already contributed a number of posts that have been recognized as solutions. However, I have one concern about this approach.

In my view, this might be quite challenging for most community users. There are numerous highly experienced and active members, including yourselves as Community moderators. I've noticed that most of the questions in the community, even those that are fairly new, quickly receive appropriate responses. The questions that remain unanswered are usually quite specialized, and thus, they remain unresolved for good reasons.

This situation creates a scenario where it might be difficult for many users to achieve the necessary level to write a blog post.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this.

Best regards,

Wolfram

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hi @WolframLotz Thanks for your feedback and concerns. I understand that due to the nature of certain unanswered questions, it may be harder for some users to reach the level 6 requirement to write blogs. 

That said, I want to emphasize that the level 6 requirement is not a hard requirement. Blog permissions can be granted to individuals who demonstrate their extensive Marketo expertise and willingness to help out their Community peers.

If you're interested, please reach out to me via private message with the blog topic you'd like to write about, and we can work together to make sure that gets published.

Hope that's helpful and let me know if you have any additional questions.