SOLVED

Re: How do "does activity" triggers work with backfilling events?

Go to solution
Broderick_Klem1
Level 4

How do "does activity" triggers work with backfilling events?

We currently have a data pipeline that pushes activities into Marketo as they happen and our current triggered campaigns that use "does activity" as a trigger work as expected (triggering as soon as the activity shows up in Marketo). However, we will be switching to a new data tool that will push activities into Marketo once a day and I'm wondering how that will interact with our "does activity" triggers. The activities will still come in with a timestamp, so when looking in the activity log, it'll still look like the activities are happening throughout the day despite the fact that they are actually being pushed to Marketo only once per day. Will using "does activity" as a trigger in a campaign still function if the activity in question shows up in Marketo as happening the day before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The campaign will fire for the people (of-course if they qualify SL filters and constraints in the trigger, if any) when the activities are added i.e., at the time of the day when you're backfilling even through the activities in the activity log appear as they're happening throughout the day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The campaign will fire for the people (of-course if they qualify SL filters and constraints in the trigger, if any) when the activities are added i.e., at the time of the day when you're backfilling even through the activities in the activity log appear as they're happening throughout the day.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

(This is consistent with how replayed anonymous activities work, too.)