Re: How do Marketo Emails get "Related" to SFDC Opportunities?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do Marketo Emails get "Related" to SFDC Opportunities?

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on the logic behind how Marketo emails get related to opportunities in SFDC. 

We have a campaign that sends an email to new leads. After the lead is converted I notice the emails/activities prior to conversion are marked as "related to" the opportunity that is created in SFDC when viewed on the contact record. 

Subsequent emails do not appear to be related to the opportuntiy (although they are). 
0EM50000000QwOi.jpg

Is there a way to direct Marketo to connect emails to opportunities? Would be a help in analysis. 

Thanks in advance

Justin
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Is this manually done by your Sales reps when creating the event/task, they click on the pick list and select Opportuinity then use the look up field to find the Opp?

When triggering the Task in Marketo there is no field for this to select or edit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your question is more about relating activities to opportunities. To relate emails to opportunities, the easiest way is to utilize SFDC campaigns. If you send someone an email, put them on the email campaign and that campaign can be related to the opportunity. In our case, we only relate leads to the campaign if they repond to the email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responses guys. 

Delinda, you are correct I am in fact asking about how to link activities not just emails. 

Edward, I know that these relations are not set by the sales reps. They appear to happen automatically when conversion happens. 

What I would like is for subsequent communications to also be attached to the opportunity. 

SFDC campaigns are one possible solution but there's some overhead to using those I'd like to avoid. 

Are there any other ideas?