How do I set a default form on guided LP template?

Olivia_Piper
Level 3

How do I set a default form on guided LP template?

Hi everyone! This is aimed at the developers out there

Could someone tell me how to set a default marketo form on a guided landing page template?

I'm looking to create a template which includes a default form because the form will always be the same (global contact us form).

If someone could share with me what code I need to put in that would be great.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How do I set a default form on guided LP template?

Hi Olivia,

You cannot, and you are right, this could be interesting.

Added in this list

An alternative would be to not use a mktoForm element but to hard code an embedded form in your template, but you would loose some functionality such as form prefill.

-Greg

Olivia_Piper
Level 3

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting back to me.

That's a real shame that it's not possible, however, I've voted up the idea Guided LP enhancements

I will have try and figure out a work around, I may try out your idea about hard coding it in.

Many thanks

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Strongly advise against using the embed code.  You will needlessly lose form conversion reporting at the LP level.  Form PreFill functionality can be restored via JS, but conversion reporting cannot.

It's actually possible to lock down the form choices to only one, though the end user will still have to bring up the dialog box to choose a form. Can also issue a warning if the form is left unassigned.  I will post this solution to my blog (http://blog.teknkl.com) in the coming weeks.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Good point with regards to loss of conversion reporting

Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

So what keeps you from creating a LP inside a Program to clone from?

Olivia_Piper
Level 3

Thanks to everyone for adding your thoughts and ideas. In the end I created a form in the design studio and named it the same as the template, so when someone comes to use the template they can easily find the form. It is a shame that you can't set a default form in the template because that would be really helpful.

In response to your question Ulf Deeg, I hadn't actually thought of that! I think I might do that as well and keep it in the design studio.

Thanks again everyone.