Re: How do I send out an email invite to one person after the intial invite was emailed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I send out an email invite to one person after the intial invite was emailed?

Hi,

I sent out an email invite for an event.  I need to send out the invite out to a few more people that were not part of the original smart list. I can't seem to figure out how to send send the email out to a person and I don't want to use the "Send Sample" option. How can I send the email invite out?

Thanks,

Kara

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I send out an email invite to one person after the intial invite was emailed?

Send Sample would not be the correct method. That's for internal use.

If you happen to know their names or emails, you can just create a smart campaign within the original program:

02 - Invitation 2

Smart List= Email Address=XYZ (any list criteria are fine as long as you pull the people you want)

Flow=Send Email

Change Status=Invited

Run Once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how many of those additional requests are coming from sales, (and you're using Salesforce.com) you might consider two options that enable "self service":

1. If you're using Marketo Sales Insight, create an MSI version of the email, which sales reps can send directly out of the Lead/Contact view in Salesforce.com.

- Edit Invitation Draft, Click "Edit Settings", tick "Publish to Marketo Sales Insight", Save and Approve.

The email can be sent from Salesforce.com through the Marketo section on either Lead or Contact pages. The sales reps will see a template for your invitation email that they can select.

2. If you're not using MSI, you can still create a Salesforece.com driven approach:
In Salesforce.com, Create a SFDC Campaign (Name of event) for the event and wait five minutes for the Campaign to sync with Marketo.

Then, create a Triggered Smart Campaign:

Trigger:  Added to SFDC Campaign (Name of event)

Flow: Send Email (invite email)

--If you're keep track of campaign stages, include a step to change the status of the lead to Invited.

--If you're maintaing a list of people you invited, add the lead to that list.

Schedule: Activate

If you have these set up for sales, it may be easier for you to then use SFDC to send these one-off email requests.