Re: How do I restrict certain salesforce contacts from syncing to Marketo based on record type?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I restrict certain salesforce contacts from syncing to Marketo based on record type?

We are running into an issue where we do not want contacts of a certain record type syncing to Marketo anymore. Since they are already in there, how do we prevent further contacts of this type from syncing? Should I disable view from the record type, or is there an easier way?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I restrict certain salesforce contacts from syncing to Marketo based on record type?

You can use the SFDC feature, 'Stop Marketo Sync'. While in SF, go into the record. Under the 'Lead Detail' section you can check off 'Stop Marketo Sync'. 

Mindy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mindy,

It's not a speicifc record per se, it's that I want to stop all contacts with that record type from syncing. How would I do that?
Ethan_Hutcheson
Level 2

I think that you can do this by updating in SFDC the profile of the account that Marketo uses to sync/login with SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to adjust your sharing settings. Follow the directions in this video: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoSFDCSyncProfile

If you need to revisit your sync user profile setup, check out this article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz5rCAC#set-profile-permissions

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

A possible way would be to delete the contacts in question from Marketo as well - that way, you'll still have them in SFDC, but there is no Marketo record to sync them to.