How do I properly configure LeadsBridge with Marketo?

Todd_Berlin
Level 2

How do I properly configure LeadsBridge with Marketo?

We're trying to get leads automatically pushed into Marketo from LiveChat (livechatinc.com) on our website using LeadsBridge.

LiveChat[webhook] => LeadsBridge => Marketo static list.

It does work at the moment - I can use test data in LeadsBridge and it gets to Marketo and updates the correct lead. However, the problem is that the lead's Last Name field is getting wiped, even though I've only mapped the First Name field from LeadsBridge.

leadsbridge-setup.png

All we really get from the pre-chat survey is an email address and name. The name field could be either a first name or full name. 

I've tried mapping to the Last Name field and, consistently, the First Name is wiped instead. I've tried mapping to 'Full Name' which works when the LiveChat visitor.name string is two words (it maps the first word to First Name and the second to Last Name), but still wipes the last name when only one word is provided.

Has anyone else set this up before? I'd appreciate your help if so. Or direction if there's a better solution...

One fix I've thought of is to create a trigger campaign listening for a data value change on either the First or Last Name with a blank new value, and revert it back to the old value. I'm not totally against that, but I'd really prefer to get it working properly if possible. 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do I properly configure LeadsBridge with Marketo?

Their "integration" must be sending an empty string for fields that aren't filled in, instead of not including them in the payload at all.

More important, I wouldn't trust a platform that doesn't know how to obey the principle of least privilege:

pastedImage_1.png

Switch to LeadsBridge's generic HTTP Request integration (https://leadsbridge.com/documentation/dropbox/http-request-get-post/) and POST leads to the Marketo /save2 endpoint.

You'll be infinitely safer overall and in complete control of the payload.

Todd_Berlin
Level 2

Brilliant, thank you Sanford. Long-time lurker and appreciator of your brain, so I was hoping you might jump on this for me.

I haven't done anything like this before but I've got it to work well now, following your suggestion - not too tricky. For anyone else, this is the new HTTP request integration settings in LeadsBridge:

Screenshot 12-17-2019 4-27-31 PM.png

Thanks again!

SanfordWhiteman

Hmm, that wasn't what I meant (the access token will expire). Not the REST endpoint, the standard forms /save2 endpoint.

See my convo with Luis here, for example: https://nation.marketo.com/thread/37966-marketo-form-in-salesforce-partner-community 

Todd_Berlin
Level 2

Oh, I see. Thank you - will see if I can make that work.

Todd_Berlin
Level 2

Got it. Now looks like this and works a treat! Thanks again!

Screenshot 18-12-2019 09-35-08.png

SanfordWhiteman

Awesome!