SOLVED

How do I limit Sales Insights for SFDC so Sales can only use it to email "opt in" leads?

Go to solution
Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

How do I limit Sales Insights for SFDC so Sales can only use it to email "opt in" leads?

We have a lot of suppressions in place in Marketo so we don't email opt outs, customers, etc. When we enable Marketo Sales Insights emails in SFDC, is it possible to use these same suppression lists so sales doesn't email people who have opted out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: How do I limit Sales Insights for SFDC so Sales can only use it to email "opt in" leads?

I would marketing suspend your leads prior to using marketo sales insights since opt-out and marketing suspended are both honored (according to my understanding). However, if you have additional 'suppressions' I don't believe they will be honored since those aren't 'seen' by the app.

To clarify: this is for the SFDC plugin portion. For the gmail/outlook plugin, I don't believe either of those are honored since that's not sending from the marketo 'domain' and is sending from your company's domain. Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: How do I limit Sales Insights for SFDC so Sales can only use it to email "opt in" leads?

I would marketing suspend your leads prior to using marketo sales insights since opt-out and marketing suspended are both honored (according to my understanding). However, if you have additional 'suppressions' I don't believe they will be honored since those aren't 'seen' by the app.

To clarify: this is for the SFDC plugin portion. For the gmail/outlook plugin, I don't believe either of those are honored since that's not sending from the marketo 'domain' and is sending from your company's domain. Does that make sense?