Ampersands in program name break the "member of program" filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ampersands in program name break the "member of program" filter

I recently noticed that Marketo does not recognize program names containing "&" within the member of program filter. If you have a list of program names in that filter and one of them has an ampersand, instead of searching for leads within the recognized programs (those without &), Marketo opens the filter to every program within the workspace - giving a wildly inaccurate count. However the constraints within the member of program filter seem to still work.

In other words, if a program included in the multiple value list of the filter is:

Email Blast & Scoring

The filter will show the famous red squiggly line under the value list, with a message that Marketo can't find that program.

I've tried both the html and plain text:

Email Blast & Scoring

Email Blast & Scoring

The only solution I've found is to remove &'s from program names. Otherwise the member of program filter is useless.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Ampersands in program name break the "member of program" filter

I am pretty sure that dots and & are not allowed in Program names for various coding reasons. Of course, they still let you do this, which is odd.

I haven't seen any errors pop up from this, but I'm not surprised that this happened. I suggest not using . or & in your names.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Thanks for the response. I'm working on auditing our programs for ampersands and periods. Do you know of any other characters that corrupt a program/asset name, but are still allowed?

Best,

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

One thing to add - I noticed that a number of our programs have "." in the title, but I did not experience the same problem as the "&". In my case it's just been the ampersand that is breaking filters.

Best,

Andrew