How do I find dupes between two lead partitions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find dupes between two lead partitions?

We have multiple lead partitions for our multiple business units.  I'm trying to figure out what leads are duplicated ACROSS two of the partions (Partiion 1 and Partition 2), but the Duplicate Fields filter only wants to give me the duplicate leads that exist in Partiion 1 and the dupe leads that exist in Partition 2.
  • Business unit is Partition 1, Partition 2
  • AND
  • Duplicate Field is email address
What's the best way to determine the email addresses that are in BOTH partitions?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I find dupes between two lead partitions?

Lead partitions do not interact with each other, so you likely cannot do this within Marketo at least with the Duplicate Fields filter.  A possibility that I have not tried is to
1. Create a Leads by email address report with all of the leads in one partition (Partition 1 Leads).
2, Create a smart list with all the leads in the second partition. (Partition 2 Leads)
3. Add the smart list as a custom column to the Partition 1 Leads report.  Whereever there is an intersection, a '1' will be displayed in the custom column.

If this doesn't work, you can export both lists and use the Excel vlookup formula on their email addresses to identify matches.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You might try using a WS that can see both LPs and then run a smart list as Elliott suggests.

But I was under the impression that there are NO dupes even across LPs.
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

One of the big reasons to implement partitions is when you need duplicate records such as in this case with two separate business units.